You don’t know what you don’t know- Socrates
Damage can occur right under your nose and the costs can be staggering. Taking all reported goods and service estimates, invasive insects cost a minimum of US$70 billion per year globally, while associated health costs exceed US$6.9 billion per year. (see source below). If you are unsure if you have an isolated incident or an infestation, call a professional pest service to schedule a pest inspection.
What is a pest control inspection?
Pest and nuisance wildlife inspections should always be completed by a licensed professional. The purpose of the inspection is to determine damage to the home or building from destructive pests and wildlife such as carpenter ants, termites, or damages caused by undetected mold.
Professional pest control technicians are trained and outfitted to perform comprehensive inspections from basement to attic, and crawlspace to roof. Inspections require more than what the eye can see.
What are the types of pest control inspections?
Pest inspections are most commonly performed when the homeowner sees or hears pests and nuisance wildlife in or around the home. Other types of inspections include:
- Home buyer requests a pest inspection for damages to the structure either because it is preventative or there are outward signs of damage.
- Homeowner/seller has been notified of damage and requires an inspection in order to satisfy the buyer and close the sale.
- Mold inspections are very common especially given the winter weather we are experiencing in the Northeast. Heavy snow, followed by warm temperatures and rain create damp and moist environments in attics, garages, and basements. A leaky roof can cause damage to interior walls and ceilings. Mold can cause serious and long term health risks.
How do you repair damages uncovered during an inspection?
Now that we have uncovered the areas in question and determined the source of the harm, i.e., ants or termites, we can treat and repair the damages. Some of the more common offenders are:
- Dry rot is a problem. Dry rot is a decaying of the wood and a weakening of its structure and purpose. Upon discovering dry rot, a report and plan for replacement and repair will be provided.
- Black mold on dry walls, floors, and ceilings. Our team of mold technicians will examine the area and determine the degree of damage. Once again, a report and plan for replacement and repair will be provided.
- Termite damage to a structure can be significant and often times thousands of dollars. Once we inspect your home, determine a course of action, and eradicate the termites, we can work with you on structural repair.
Once the inspections are completed and the repairs are done, how do I protect my home from future damages?
Protect your home or business with AccuShield. We don’t just temporarily fix the problem. A complete clean up can be performed including external structural damage to soffits, gutters, siding, roofing as well as interior damage to the insulation and dry wall. We can repair and treat damage from nuisance wildlife and pests.
Contact us for a free home inspection. Don’t worry, we will get your home or business back to a healthy environment.
Source: Massive yet grossly underestimated global costs of invasive insects .Nature.com October 4, 2016